SUSTAINABILITY AT THE CORE OF OUR ACTIVITIES
Day after day, the BIA Group places the various dimensions of sustainable development at the heart of its long-term vision and strategy. Its sustainable development policy is the cornerstone of this sustainability approach and defines its short and medium-term environmental and social ambitions.
Directly linked to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the United Nations, our commitment is structured around four areas directly related to our businesses and activities where we can have a rapid and measurable impact.
For the protection of the environment, the BIA Group is committed to:
• Reduce its direct greenhouse gas emissions
• Act responsibly to limit all forms of waste
• reduce its consumption of natural resources
• Increase the energy efficiency of its infrastructure
• Protect biodiversity and surrounding ecosystems
For the well-being of its employees, the BIA Group is committed to:
• To act with integrity and in accordance with the highest ethical standards
• Strive for a zero accident and zero occupational illness policy
• Ensure a safe and healthy working environment
• Provide continuous training programmes and career development opportunities for all employees
To support local communities, the BIA Group is committed to:
• Support and participate in social and solidarity economy projects oriented towards local communities
• Create sustainable subsidiaries abroad that create jobs for local communities
• Develop quality relationships with local communities
For technological innovation, the BIA Group is committed to:
• To provide our customers with technological innovations for sustainable development
• Increase the life span and long-term profitability of machines and reduce their energy consumption and GHG emissions
• To participate in the reduction of the use of natural resources by accompanying our customers in the responsible management of their machines
OUR OBJECTIVES AND PRIORITIES
The UN Sustainable Development Goals for a better and more sustainable world for all are a global call to take action to transform our world and address the challenges we face, including those related to poverty, education, climate emergency, environmental degradation, prosperity, peace, justice, and inequality.
BIA Group is absolutely convinced that companies have a crucial role to play, alongside governments, in achieving these Sustainable Development Goals.
The 2030 Agenda explicitly calls on companies to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals through their strategies in the broadest sense, and through their social responsibilities. The investments, the development of products and services or the implementation of good practices are all sustainability levers for companies. The commitment and participation of all companies in the great challenge of sustainable development is essential. Without them, the stability of markets could be questionable because a company can only evolve successfully in a perennial environment.
BIA has chosen to actively participate and contribute to this dynamic approach. Firstly, by self-assessment within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals set by the UN and secondly, by formalising and implementing a sustainability policy and strategy.
OUR FIRST SUSTAINABILITY REPORT
From 2022 to 2023, BIA has conducted a major materiality analysis to determine the sustainability issues most directly related to our business and on which we could have a rapid and measurable impact.
This assessment tool reveals the relative importance of sustainability issues for each of our stakeholders. The results guide our strategic thinking and help us manage risks, demonstrating to our stakeholders that their views matter.
The results of the evaluation are presented in our 2022 Sustainability Report, detailing the way in which we manage these sustainability topics and the associated impacts.
This constitutes a first reporting, and we do not intend to stop at this point: these efforts are essential for our future, and we still wish to carry out many more actions allowing our company to adopt a more sustainable business model for all, whether through innovations, efforts to reduce our impact, or through our support for communities and stakeholders.
In conclusion, our collective success in overcoming the significant challenges before us hinges upon strong commitment, active collaboration, and the ability to innovate together. We humbly call upon the support and cooperation of our employees, suppliers, customers, and civil society representatives. Together, we can create a sustainable world for future generations, where responsible practices and conscious decision-making drive positive change.
The release of this BIA Group Sustainability Report marks a pivotal moment in our journey, reflecting our unwavering dedication to sustainability. By working hand in hand, we can create a brighter and more sustainable future for all.